InsuraHome’s Home Insurance Claims Advice
For most of us, your home is the most expensive thing you will ever own… and furnishing it can amount to a large expense too!
To assist with any future home or contents claims that may arise, there’s a few things you can do to make the process simpler and quicker:
- Keep your policy documents in a safe place, as your InsuraHome Policy Reference Number will be required during the claims process.
- Make sure you regularly review and keep your InsuraHome Home Insurance policy up to date.
- Check you have everything you want insured covered within your policy and that the policy limits of cover are adequate.
- Keep receipts and invoices for insured items.
- If there is a criminal incident involved, report it to the police straight away and keep a record of your crime reference number as evidence of the event.
- If a claim does arise, you should do what you can to limit any further damage, within reason.
- Contact claims as soon as possible, following an incident.
- Make sure that all details provided to claims are as accurate as possible, to prevent delays in processing your claim.
Before You Make a Home Insurance Claim with InsuraHome
Don’t worry – If you need to make a claim, our claims handlers are ready to deal with your request. To help matters move quickly and efficiently, please make sure you have the following:
- InsuraHome Policy Documents including Policy Reference Number.
- Crime Reference Number if your claim involves a criminal incident.
- Check that your policy is still active and that you are covered for what you wish to claim for.
Contacting InsuraHome’s Claims Team
Your claims contact number can be found on your InsuraHome Schedule – this document was sent to you shortly after the purchase of your policy, along with additional supporting documents.
What to do if you cannot find your InsuraHome Home Insurance Schedule
If you have not received these documents or require a copy, please contact our InsuraHome Customer Services Team who will arrange for these to be resent to you either by electronic or postal delivery.
Postal delivery can take 3 to 5 working days, from acknowledgement of your request. As such, we recommend that you keep your documents in a safe place and request copies immediately if misplaced.