InsuraHome’s Unoccupied Home Insurance - Protect your unoccupied residential property

As your probably know, most standard home insurance policies will not provide cover for your property if it is unoccupied for 30 consecutive days or more. This makes it hard for people who, for example, have perhaps inherited a new unoccupied house or have moved but have not yet sold their previous home.

InsuraHome Unoccupied Property Insurance policies can be adjusted to meet your needs, with ability to provide cover for both buildings and contents, with legal expenses cover available as an optional extra. With a tailor-made case-by-case approach, InsuraHome can provide your unoccupied home with the protection it requires.

Or speak to An InsuraHome Unoccupied House Insurance Specialist by calling +44 (0) 1483 806 815

InsuraHome Unoccupied Home Insurance is Available for:

  • Cover for Buildings & Contents.
  • Unoccupied residential properties that are intended to be kept and occupied, to be let or to be sold and more.
  • Properties that have already been unoccupied for a number of years.
  • Policy applicable to properties situated in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, The Isle of Man and The Channel Islands.

To get an Unoccupied Property Home Insurance Quote – it’s quick and easy…

Or speak to an InsuraHome Unoccupied Property Home Insurance specialist by calling +44 (0) 1483 806 815

Unoccupied Home Insurance – FAQs

Can you get insurance for an Unoccupied home?

The simple answer is yes you can get insurance for an unoccupied home. Unoccupied home insurance covers you when your house or other residential property is unoccupied for longer than your standard home insurance policy will allow. InsuraHome Unoccupied home Insurance can provide cover for unoccupied properties for periods of 90, 180, 270 days or annual cover.

What counts is classed as an Unoccupied home?

You may be wondering – how long can I leave my house unoccupied so that It’s still covered? In terms of standard normal home insurance, an unoccupied home is usually one that has been left uninhabited for more than 30 days. This is because most standard home insurance policies will not cover your property if it is left unoccupied for longer than 30-60 days because of the increased risk of theft, vandalism, a burst pipe being undiscovered and more. Therefore, there are specialised non-standard unoccupied home insurance policies available on the market designed to cover these risks and circumstances.

How much does Unoccupied home Insurance cost?

The cost of an unoccupied home insurance policy will vary depending on many factors such as the value of the property, condition of the property as well as the location and security of the property as if the property is in an area with a high crime rate, then the price of cover is likely to increase. In general, unoccupied home insurance will cost more than a standard home insurance policy in terms cost per day of cover due to the additional risks associated with an unoccupied home.

How do I prepare my Unoccupied home for winter?

Many homeowners and landlords forget about the obligations they have for looking after their properties during the cold, wet and windy winter period. Many things could potentially go wrong with your property such as burst frozen pipes, flooding, loss of heating, leaky roof, and other unexpected surprises. Click here to check out InsuraHome’s 5 easy ways to prepare your property for winter hazards.

What is Covered?
  • Currently vacant homes
  • Inherited properties
  • Non-standard properties

How to get a Quote

To get a Quote, simply do one of the following:

  • Click any of the 'Request a Quote' Buttons and complete the online form.
  • Call our Specialists on 01483 806 815.
  • Download our Application Form located on the 'Policy Documents' page, print it out and fill in your details using BLOCK CAPITALS. This form can then either be posted to us, or scanned and emailed to
  • Download our Application Form and save it to your desktop. Re-open it, fill it in digitally and click 'Send me to the InsuraHome Specialists' on the final page, once you have completed all questions.
  • If you would like to request a call, send an email to with your name and contact number.

Please Note: Our Open Times are: 09:00-17:30, Monday-Friday.

Contact Us InsuraHome Unoccupied Home Insurance

If you wish to speak to one of our InsuraHome Unoccupied Home Insurance specialists:
Call: +44 (0) 1483 806 815
(Open 9.00am-5.30pm, Monday-Friday, excluding English Public Holidays).

For Claims information, please click here.

About Our Unoccupied House Insurance Policy

Unoccupied House Insurance is backed by a team of underwriters who are highly experienced. Therefore, our customers can be assured that all our InsuraHome Unoccupied House Insurance policies provide tailor-made protection, as required.

How do I get an InsuraHome Unoccupied House Insurance Insurance Quote?

At InsuraHome we like to provide you with first class customer service to ensure you are getting the protection you require.

To get an InsuraHome Unoccupied House Insurance Insurance quote click the ‘Request a Quote’ Button and complete the online form. Alternatively download and complete an application form located on the ‘Policy Documents’ page and email it to

If you’d prefer to speak to someone, do not hesitate to call our Unoccupied Home Insurance specialists on 01483 806 815 and we will be happy to provide you with a quote over the phone.

Or speak to an InsuraHome Unoccupied Property Home Insurance specialist by calling +44 (0) 1483 806 815

WE LOVE TO HEARWords From Our Customers