Overseas Property Insurance From InsuraHome

If you own a holiday or second home in Europe and you are looking to get some financial protection in case the unexpected happens, then you will need specialist overseas property Insurance as a normal home insurance property is unlikely to be suitable for this requirement. 

InsuraHome Overseas Property Insurance has been specifically designed for individuals living in the United Kingdom who own a second property or holiday property in Europe. Specifically, France, Spain, Italy, Portugal and The Republic of Ireland. 

Or speak to an InsuraHome Overseas Property Insurance specialist by calling +44 (0) 1483 806 900

What is Overseas Property Insurance

An overseas property presents unique risks that are different to those covered under a standard home insurance policy. The properties are often left unattended for extended periods of time or are let out for holiday makers on short term lets and are therefore at greater risk of damage or vandalism during these periods. 

Therefore, a specialist overseas home insurance policy is required to provide protection where a normal home insurance would not. 

Our InsuraHome Overseas Property Insurance policies can be adjusted to meet your needs, with ability to provide cover for both buildings and contents, whilst automatically including Legal Expenses cover. With a case-by-case approach, Insurahome Overseas Home Insurance can provide your holiday home or overseas holiday let property with the protection you require. 

Overseas Property Insurance is Available For:

  • Policy applies to short term holiday lettings or;
  • Properties used for own use, or friends & family.
  • Policy applicable to properties owned by UK residents situated in France, Spain, Italy, Portugal and The Republic of Ireland.

Overseas Home Insurance – Key Benefits:

  • Cover for Buildings & Contents.
  • Cover available for “Clean” Risks.
  • Non-Standard Construction considered*.
  • Accidents to Domestic Employees cover e.g. cleaners, housekeepers – up to £10,000,000.
  • Legal Expenses automatically included.

Overseas Holiday Home or Holiday Let Property Provides Cover for A Number of Perils is included, such as damage caused by:

  • Fire, lightning, explosion or earthquake.
  • Storm, flood or weight of snow.
  • Collision by any vehicle or animal.
  • Theft or attempted theft.
  • Falling trees, telegraph poles or lamp-posts.
  • Escape of water from frost or frost damage to fixed water tanks, apparatus and pipes.
  • And more!

Or speak to an InsuraHome Overseas Property Insurance specialist by calling +44 (0) 1483 806 900

What is Covered?

  • Short term holiday lettings
  • Airbnb properties
  • Family holiday homes

How to get a Quote

To get a Quote, simply do one of the following:

  • Click any of the ‘Request a Quote’ Buttons and complete the online form.
  • Call our Specialists on 01483 806 815.
  • Download our Application Form located on the ‘Policy Documents’ page, print it out and fill in your details using BLOCK CAPITALS. This form can then either be posted to us, or scanned and emailed to info@insurahome.co.uk.
  • Download our Application Form and save it to your desktop. Re-open it, fill it in digitally and click ‘Send me to the InsuraHome Specialists’ on the final page, once you have completed all questions.
  • If you would like to request a call, send an email to info@insurahome.co.uk with your name and contact number.

Please Note: Our Open Times are: 09:00-17:30, Monday-Friday. Excluding English Bank Holidays.

Feefo logo

Main Features of Overseas House Insurance Cover

The following limits are provided automatically unless a higher limit is requested. To view the full list of cover available, please refer to the Overseas Property Insurance Policy Wording.

Buildings Insurance Summary of Cover – InsuraHome Overseas Property Insurance

CoverLimit (£)
Accidental Damage to Fixtures & FittingsAutomatically Included
Loss of Rent / Alternative Accommodation25% of buildings / 24 months
Trace and accessUp to £5,000
Replacement LocksUp to £5,000
Theft/attempted theft by guests/tenantsUp to £10,000 any one claim

Contents Insurance Summary of Cover – InsuraHome Overseas Property Insurance

CoverLimit (£)
Accidental Damage to electronic equipmentAutomatically Included
Guests & Visitors personal effectsUp to £1,000 any one claim
Loss of metered water or oilUp to £2,500
Replacement locksUp to £5,000
Domestic freezer coverUp to £500

Legal Expenses Insurance – InsuraHome Overseas Property Insurance

CoverLimit (£)
Legal ExpensesAutomatically included

Liability Insurance – InsuraHome Overseas Property Insurance

CoverLimit (£)
Accidents to Domestic Staff£10,000,000
Legal Liability to the Public£5,000,000

Or speak to an InsuraHome Overseas Property Insurance specialist by calling +44 (0) 1483 806 900

Overseas Property Insurance Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs

What Insurance do I need for a holiday let?

As the risks associated with insurance for your own home are different to those associated with renting out your property as a holiday home, you will often need to get specialist Holiday home insurance to cover these specific risks that are not covered under or excluded under a standard home insurance policy.

What insurance do I need for Airbnb?

Airbnb offer their hosts ‘Host Protection Insurance’ up to $1 million per rental to provide hosts with liability coverage and where applicable their landlords subject to certain terms, conditions and limitations. They also provide a free ‘host guarantee’ that covers damage to the host’s home or property caused by guests, up to $1million subject to numerous terms and conditions. This however is not insurance and Airbnb states that it “should not be considered a replacement or stand-in for homeowners or renters’ insurance” – click here to find out more. This also does not mean that it will cover everything and therefore it is always a good idea to get holiday home insurance that covers Airbnb lettings that meet your property requirements to ensure you have the protection you require.

Do I need Public Liability Insurance for a holiday let?

Unlike an employer legally being required to have Employers Liability Insurance, there is no legal requirement for a holiday homeowner to have public liability insurance. However, if a guest staying in your let property were to sustain an injury from an accident whilst staying in your property you could be left substantially out of pocket from an expensive medical bill. Therefore it is always a good idea to include Public Liability Insurance on your Holiday Home Insurance policy. 

Contact InsuraHome Oversea Property Insurance

If you wish to speak to one of our InsuraHome Overseas Holiday Home Insurance specialists:
Call: +44 (0) 1483 806 815
Email: info@insurahome.co.uk
(Open 9.00am-5.30pm, Monday-Friday, excluding English Public Holidays).

For Claims information, please click here

About InsuraHome Overseas Home Insurance Policy

Overseas Home Insurance Policy is underwritten by Plum Underwriting Ltd, due to their flexibility and non-standard underwriting experience. InsuraHome Overseas Home Insurance is backed by a team of underwriters who are highly experienced and deal with each risk on a case-by-case basis. Therefore, our customers can be assured that all our InsuraHome Overseas Home Insurance policies provide tailor-made protection, as required.

How do I get an InsuraHome Overseas House Insurance Quote?

At InsuraHome we like to provide you with first class customer service to ensure you are getting the protection you require. 

To get an InsuraHome Overseas House Insurance quote, click any of the ‘request a quote’ buttons on this page and fill out our short online application form.

If you would like some assistance when completing your application form do not hesitate to call our InsuraHome Overseas Property Insurance specialists on 01483 806 900.

Or speak to an InsuraHome Overseas Property Insurance specialist by calling +44 (0) 1483 806 900

WE LOVE TO HEARWords From Our Customers