Landlord Insurance - InsuraHome

As a landlord you’ll probably know that normal household insurance just isn’t suitable for the risks associated with renting out your property to tenants. What you need is a dedicated Landlord Insurance.

What is Landlord Insurance?

Landlord Insurance is a specialist home insurance policy for landlords when renting a property to tenants. It differs from a standard home insurance policy by covering additional risks associated with renting a property that are not covered in a standard home insurance policy. As you may have experienced: even with the perfect tenants, things can still go wrong. That’s where an InsuraHome Landlord Insurance policy comes in to protect you from accidental damage, liability, loss of rent and much more!

Or speak to An InsuraHome Landlord Insurance Specialist by calling +44 (0) 1483 806 815

Landlord Home Insurance is Available for:

  • Landlords and Buy-to-Let Properties
  • First time buyers
  • Various Tenancy types accepted – Professional, Retired, Student, DSS, Asylum Seeker

Policy Benefits under the InsuraHome Buildings Insurance and Contents Insurance for landlords includes but is not limited to:

  • Loss or Damage caused by Fire, Smoke, Explosion, Lightning or Earthquake
  • Loss or Damage caused by Storm, Hail or Weight of Snow
  • Loss or Damage caused by Flood
  • Loss or Damage caused by the escape of water
  • Option to extend accidental & malicious damage & theft damage by tenants cover
  • A choice of policy excess – £100, £250, £500 or £1,000
  • First time buyer discount
  • Facility to transfer any no claims history from a previous insurer
  • Covers the cost of alternative accommodation if your property is left uninhabitable due to an insured event
  • Legal Expenses, Rent Guarantee and Landlords Emergency Cover are available as optional extras

Click here to see the full InsuraHome Landlord Insurance Policy Wording for the full summary of buildings and contents covers as well as optional covers.

Or speak to An InsuraHome Landlord Insurance Specialist by calling +44 (0) 1483 806 815

What is Covered?
  • Landlords
  • Buy-to Let properties
  • All tenancy types
  • Non-standard properties

How to get a Quote

To get a Quote, simply do one of the following:

  • Click any of the 'Request a Quote' Buttons and complete the online form.
  • Call our Specialists on 01483 806 815.
  • Download our Application Form located on the 'Policy Documents' page, print it out and fill in your details using BLOCK CAPITALS. This form can then either be posted to us, or scanned and emailed to
  • Download our Application Form and save it to your desktop. Re-open it, fill it in digitally and click 'Send me to the InsuraHome Specialists' on the final page, once you have completed all questions.
  • If you would like to request a call, send an email to with your name and contact number.

Please Note: Our Open Times are: 09:00-17:30, Monday-Friday.

Landlord Insurance Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs

Is Landlord Insurance compulsory?

Landlord Insurance is not legally required and is therefore not compulsory although many mortgage providers require building insurances as mandatory and some lettings agencies strongly encourage Landlord Insurance to the point where they will refuse to manage your property without it! However, even with the perfect tenant things can still go wrong which could potentially leave you out of pocket. That’s why landlord insurance is there to protect you financially against unexpected events that could otherwise cost a lot of money. Always refer to the policy wording for full summary of covers.

What does Landlord Insurance cover?

Landlord insurance should always have cover for buildings, which covers damages to the structure and costs associated with the repair of damages to the structure that may come about. Contents cover is also available on landlord insurance which protects landlords against the cost of replacing any household goods and personal property within the home which belong to or for which you are legally liable for that may be damaged during the duration of the tenancy – this includes things such as furniture or domestic appliances. Other covers on a landlord insurance policy may include loss of rent as well as liability protection if your tenant is injured in the property and you are found legally liable.

What does Landlord Insurance cost?

The cost of a landlord insurance will vary from policy to policy depending on the size of your property, whether it is furnished or unfurnished, whether you rent to students and several other factors. When choosing a landlord insurance policy make sure that it meets your requirements to ensure that you are protected.

Contact InsuraHome Landlord Insurance UK

If you wish to speak to one of our InsuraHome Landlords Insurance Specialists:
Call: +44 (0) 1483 806 815
(Open 9.00am-5.30pm, Monday-Friday, excluding English Public Holidays).
For Claims information, please click here.

About Our InsuraHome Landlord Insurance Policy

InsuraHome Landlord Insurance is backed by a team of underwriters who are highly experienced and deal with each Landlord Insurance risk on a case-by-case basis. Therefore, our customers can be assured that all our InsuraHome Landlord Insurance policies provide tailor-made protection, as required.

How do I get an InsuraHome Landlord Insurance Quote?

At InsuraHome we like to provide you with first class customer service to ensure you are getting the protection you require.

To get an InsuraHome Landlord Insurance quote click the ‘Request a Quote’ Button and complete the online form. Alternatively download and complete an application form located on the ‘Policy Documents’ page and email it to

If you’d prefer to speak to someone, do not hesitate to call our InsuraHome Landlord Insurance specialists on 01483 806 815 and we will be happy to provide you with a quote over the phone.

Or speak to An InsuraHome Landlord Insurance Specialist by calling +44 (0) 1483 806 815

WE LOVE TO HEARWords From Our Customers