Landlord House Insurance - InsuraHome

With InsuraHome’s Landlord House Insurance we make protecting your property simple.

Your rental property is likely to be one of your biggest investments – so you need to have confidence and trust that it’s properly protected with the right Landlord House Insurance cover to suit your needs. At InsuraHome Home Insurance, we are experts in providing an extensive, appropriate and a Value for money Landlord Home Insurance solution for many types of landlords including those that own a residential portfolio or rent out multiple properties to tenants.

What is Landlord House Insurance?

Landlord House Insurance covers the risks you face when letting or leasing your property.

If the building or the contents (if you have opted to take contents cover) inside are damaged, or you get into a dispute with your tenants, you could incur some hefty and unexpected costs. InsuraHome’s landlord home insurance is designed to keep your investments safe and will help get your property back up and running, should something go wrong.

Landlord Home Insurance is different from a ‘standard’ home insurance policy because it specifically covers the risks associated with renting a property to tenants. Even if you let your property to reliable tenants, who pay their rent on time, there are still things that can and will go wrong over time and that’s where an InsuraHome Landlord House Insurance policy can help provide cover for you and your rental property from things such as loss of rent, accidental damage, injuries for which you are legally responsible and much more.

Do I need Landlord House Insurance?

A standard home insurance policy is unlikely to cover your property that is rented to third parties as it is designed for Owner/Occupiers. So, if you want to safeguard your property while it is rented to tenants, it’s important to obtain a specialist landlord insurance, such as InsuraHome, as being a landlord comes with its own unique set of challenges and risks. InsuraHome Home Insurance’s Landlord Home Insurance is designed to meet those particular needs.

Although landlord insurance isn’t a legal obligation, most buy-to-let mortgage lenders will require you to take out suitable insurance before your tenants move in. At InsuraHome Home Insurance, we understand that being a landlord is complex and that’s why, to make your job easier, we offer specialist Home Insurance for Landlords, designed to protect your wallet and your peace of mind.

Or speak to An InsuraHome Landlord House Insurance Specialist by calling +44 (0) 1483 806 815

Landlord House Insurance is Available for:

  • Landlords and Buy-to-Let Properties
  • First time buyers
  • Various Tenancy types accepted – Professional, Retired, Student, DSS, Asylum Seeker

Policy Benefits under the InsuraHome Buildings and Contents Home Insurance for landlords includes but is not limited to:

  • Loss or Damage caused by Fire, Smoke, Explosion, Lightning or Earthquake
  • Loss or Damage caused by Storm, Hail or Weight of Snow
  • Loss or Damage caused by Flood
  • Loss or Damage caused by the escape of water
  • Option to extend accidental & malicious damage & theft damage by tenants cover
  • A choice of policy excess – £100, £250, £500 or £1,000
  • First time buyer discount
  • Facility to transfer any no claims history from a previous insurer
  • Covers the cost of alternative accommodation if your property is left uninhabitable due to an insured event
  • Legal Expenses, Rent Guarantee and Landlords Emergency Cover are available as optional extras

Click here to see the full InsuraHome Landlord House Insurance Policy Wording for the full summary of buildings and contents covers as well as optional covers.

What is Covered?
  • Landlords
  • Buy-to Let properties
  • All tenancy types
  • Non-standard properties

How to get a Quote

To get a Quote, simply do one of the following:

  • Click any of the 'Request a Quote' Buttons and complete the online form.
  • Call our Specialists on 01483 806 815.
  • Download our Application Form located on the 'Policy Documents' page, print it out and fill in your details using BLOCK CAPITALS. This form can then either be posted to us, or scanned and emailed to
  • Download our Application Form and save it to your desktop. Re-open it, fill it in digitally and click 'Send me to the InsuraHome Specialists' on the final page, once you have completed all questions.
  • If you would like to request a call, send an email to with your name and contact number.

Please Note: Our Open Times are: 09:00-17:30, Monday-Friday.

Or speak to An InsuraHome Landlord House Insurance Specialist by calling +44 (0) 1483 806 815

Landlord House Insurance Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs

Is Landlord House Insurance compulsory?

Landlord House Insurance is not legally required and is therefore not compulsory although many mortgage providers require building insurances as mandatory and some lettings agencies strongly encourage Landlord House Insurance to the point where they will refuse to manage your property without it! However, even with the perfect tenant things can still go wrong which could potentially leave you out of pocket. That’s why Landlord House Insurance is there to protect you financially against unexpected events that could otherwise cost a lot of money. Always refer to the policy wording for full summary of covers.

What does Landlord House Insurance cover?

Landlord House Insurance should always have cover for buildings, which covers damages to the structure and costs associated with the repair of damages to the structure that may come about. Contents cover is also available on Landlord House Insurance which protects landlords against the cost of replacing any household goods and personal property within the home which belong to or for which you are legally liable for that may be damaged during the duration of the tenancy – this includes things such as furniture or domestic appliances. Other covers on a Landlord House Insurance policy may include loss of rent as well as liability protection if your tenant is injured in the property and you are found legally liable.

What does Landlord House Insurance cost?

The cost of a Landlord House Insurance will vary from policy to policy depending on the size of your property, whether it is furnished or unfurnished, whether you rent to students and several other factors. When choosing a Landlord Home Insurance policy make sure that it meets your requirements to ensure that you are protected.

Contact InsuraHome Landlord Home Insurance UK

If you wish to speak to one of our InsuraHome Landlord Home Insurance Specialists:
Call: +44 (0) 1483 806 815
(Open 9.00am-5.30pm, Monday-Friday, excluding English Public Holidays).
For Claims information, please click here.

About Our InsuraHome Landlord House Insurance Policy

InsuraHome Landlord & Let Property Home Insurance is backed by a team of underwriters who are highly experienced and, therefore, our customers can be assured that all our InsuraHome Landlord & Let Property Home Insurance policies provide tailor-made protection, as required.

How do I get an InsuraHome Landlord Home Insurance Quote?

At InsuraHome we like to provide you with first class customer service to ensure you are getting the protection you require.

To get an InsuraHome Landlord House Insurance quote click the ‘Request a Quote’ Button and complete the online form. Alternatively download and complete an application form located on the ‘Policy Documents’ page and email it to

If you’d prefer to speak to someone, do not hesitate to call our InsuraHome Landlord House Insurance specialists on 01483 806 815 and we will be happy to provide you with a quote over the phone.

Or speak to An InsuraHome Landlord House Insurance Specialist by calling +44 (0) 1483 806 815

WE LOVE TO HEARWords From Our Customers