As your probably know, most standard home insurance policies will not provide cover for your home if it is unoccupied (even if only for a short period of time). This makes it hard for people who, for example, have perhaps inherited a new vacant property or have moved but have not yet sold their previous home.
InsuraHome Unoccupied Property Home Insurance policies can be adjusted to meet your needs, with ability to provide cover for both buildings and contents, whilst automatically including Legal Expenses cover. With a tailor-made case-by-case approach, InsuraHome can provide your vacant and unoccupied property with the protection it requires.
- Vacant residential homes that are intended to be kept and occupied, used as a holiday home or second home, to be let or to be sold.
- Properties that have already been unoccupied for a number of years.
- Homes requiring short term or annual policies.
- Policy applicable to properties situated in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, The Isle of Man and The Channel Islands.
- Flexible Periods of Cover: 90 days, 180 days, 270 days or Annual cover, with the ability to extend a period of cover is required.
- Cover for Buildings & Contents.
- Cover automatically includes Legal Expenses Cover.
- Cover provided for accidents to Domestic Staff.
- Cover for “Clean” and “Non-Standard” Risks.
- Three levels of cover available: Bronze, Silver and Gold.
- No Excesses apply, other than for claims related to subsidence.
- Property development considered subject to certain criteria.
- Can cover listed buildings.
Cover for a Number of Perils can be included, such as:
- Building works that are planned or in progress
- Fire, lightning, explosion or earthquake
- Aircraft and other flying devices or items dropped from them
- Subsidence or heave of the site on which the buildings stand or landslip
- Accidental Damage to Fixtures and Fittings
- Accidental Damage to Services
- Professional Fees & Expenses
- Theft or attempted theft
- Falling trees, telegraph poles and lamp-posts
- Sale of Property
- Escape of water from frost or frost damage to fixed water tanks, apparatus and pipes.
- And more!