As a Landlord you’ll probably know that normal household insurance just isn’t suitable for the risks associated with renting out your property to tenants. What you need is Landlord Insurance.
What is Landlord Insurance?
Landlord Insurance is a specialist home insurance policy for landlords when renting a property to tenants. It differs from a standard home insurance policy by covering additional risks associated with renting a property that are not covered in a standard home insurance policy. As you may know, even with the perfect tenants, things can still go wrong. That’s where an InsuraHome Landlord Insurance policy comes in to protect you from accidental damage, liability, loss of rent and much much more!
Landlord Home Insurance is Available for:
- Landlords and Buy-to-Let Properties
- Clean and Non-standard Risks
- Property Portfolios up to £15 million Total Sum insured
- Landlords with Adverse Claims History
- All Tenancy types and agreement lengths considered
Landlord Insurance Includes Cover for a Number of Perils:
- Fire, Lightning, Explosion or Earthquake
- Storm, Flood or Weight of Snow
- Escape of Water or Frost Damage to Fixed Water Tanks, Apparatus or Pipes
- Theft or Attempted Theft
- Subsidence or Heave of the Site on which the Buildings Stand or Landslip
Key Benefits of InsuraHome’s Landlord Insurance:
- Buildings Insurance with Accidental Damage Option – Minimum Sum Insured £75,000
Covers the costs associated with repairing or rebuilding your property if it’s damaged or destroyed. Buildings includes the home itself, any fixtures and fittings, swimming pools and much more.
- Landlords Contents with Accidental Damage Option – Minimum Sum Insured £10,000, if Contents Insurance taken
Covers household goods and personal property within the home which belong to or for which you are legally liable for. Landlord contents include furniture, carpets, curtains, blinds, domestic appliances and more.
- Accidents to Domestic Employees (such as Cleaners) up to £10,000,000
If you employ someone to work at the property such as a cleaner or a gardener, this section of cover protects you against claims for bodily injury from an event at your property.
- Legal Liability to the Public up to £5,000,000
Liability cover is designed to project you in the event you are found liable for bodily injury or damage to property caused by an accident happening at the premises.
- Landlords Legal Expenses
- Rent Guarantee Option
Click here to see the full InsuraHome Landlord Insurance Policy Wording for the full summary of buildings and contents covers as well as optional covers.